You probably don’t give too much thought to the parts of a refrigerator before it shuts down, or unless it comes time to replace it. To guarantee you get the most use possible from this invaluable appliance it can be good to know exactly how a refrigerator keeps food cold—and Livermore Appliance Repair Pros is here to help.
Continue reading to find out what you might need to know concerning how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and if it’s time to reach out for refrigerator repair.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find many homes that do not have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a must-own kitchen appliance for many years. A refrigerator stores food and drinks at the right temperature, in order to stop rotting and stop the growth of bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by distributing the heat from inside of the refrigerator to the exterior, relying on the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary parts of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Livermore Appliance Repair Pros:
The refrigerator compressor is both a motor and a pump, and it is need for the circulation of refrigerant dispensed in the system.
A compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. You should call a professional company if the compressor stops working.
A condenser is attached on the back exterior wall of the refrigerator and will help to disperse the heat absorbed from inside the refrigerator then out into the air.
A evaporator is located in the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs warmth held within it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
Once an evaporator stops working, it’s time to find a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquid refrigerant is transferred within a capillary tube which serves as an expansion device to cool the gas, thereby transforming the gas back into a liquid.
A thermostat exists to regulate the current temperature inside the refrigerator, engaging the cooling cycle as needed.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is often prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor in Livermore for service right when a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature inside a refrigerator is higher than the set point sensors notify the compressor to engage, and the cool down starts. The unit attracts the cold liquid refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses it, and raises the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit pushes the hot gas towards the condenser coils located on the exterior of the appliance, at which point it comes in contact with warmer air temperature in the room and transforms to a liquid form.
3. The cool refrigerant continues its journey towards the evaporator component, pushing through the coils in the interior of the refrigerator and top freezer.
4. The refrigerant absorbs the hot air from within the refrigerator, thereby returning the temperature back to the optimal final point.
5. The coolant then will evaporate, and turns back into a gas state, and returns to the refrigerator compressor unit to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is often found in many applications and appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting warmth from a single area and moving it to another the cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling a home, creates a safe storage space for food that is perishable, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of a lot of different everyday products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require professional attention? You can schedule service with Livermore Appliance Repair Pros.
Livermore Appliance Repair Pros can repair almost all standard brands of refrigerators – including commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our appliance repairmen in Livermore are trained to fix problems with cooling, malfunctioning ice makers, problems with condensation, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, touch panels, smart synchronization and other problems. We know refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2019  Livermore Appliance Repair Pros | 2375 Second St #6 Livermore, CA 94550 | Sitemap